Pages

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Freemantle Arms, Shirley




I've not been inside this pub yet. I went one day in 2016, I could hear people inside, I tried the doors and they wouldn't budge, so I assumed they must be staff, and came away. It's tucked away in residential streets in the Freemantle area of Shirley, so it's not somewhere I pass. It's a place you have to want to go to and seek out. I'll try again this year.

Date: 2016  Score: N/A 


Well, I've got here at last! Traditional back street boozer, with the original rooms knocked into one, though the names of the bars still etched on the windows. Five pumps, one cider, the others are beer. Relaxed, low key atmosphere. Very people orientated. This is a local pub in a very hard to find dead end street, but it has sufficient charm to be worth seeking out. It complements similar traditional cask ale focused pubs in the area. Indeed, Shirley is a decent cask ale location and well worthy of a dedicated crawl.

Date: March 2017   Score: 5 


Independent

31 Albany Road 
SO15 3EF

Open 3pm to 8pm; and 1pm to 10pm weekends 


* Pub website
* WhatPub
* Daily Echo
* TripAdvisor
* Facebook
* BITE


No comments:

Post a Comment