Pages

Sunday 29 January 2017

Brewdog, Bedford Place



Modern craftbeer bar. Keg beer. Industrial chic. BrewDog's beers and style of marketing and production does not on the whole suit me, though I do find some of their beers quite palatable even if the marketing is not. The BrewDog bar in Camden I didn't like at all. Very noisy, clashing, hot, crowded, expensive, and with beers that I mostly did not want to drink. So I wasn't expecting much of BrewDog Southampton, but I have been charmed.


The ambiance

Three visits so far. I like it. Buzzing and vibrant. Large number of beers on offer, mostly from BrewDog, the owners, and all keg, though "Live Dead Pony" is unfiltered. I first visited when I did a crawl down from Portswood to see as many of the new bars that had opened in Southampton as I could in one day. I had the Live Dead Pony that day, and a long chat with the very knowledgable barmaid. She seemed a bit upset when I mentioned that one of the other craft bars had been talking about how expensive the beers were, and she wanted to know if it was the Bookshop who said that. Seems there must be some kind of relationship there, as I had been shown a priced bar menu which I assume had come from her in the first place.

Piers brewing up a dog

Second visit was with my son (we had Elvis Juice and Ace of Equinox), and Piers also enjoyed the place.

Ian, enjoying his Berliner Weisse

Third  visit was with Ian on the November 2016 pub crawl when we had Flying Dog Berliner Weisse, and Beavertown Tropigamma.



* Trip Advisor
* WhatPub

***



No comments:

Post a Comment